Mantell-Hecathorn Builders-The Difference is in the Details
For over 36 years our mission statement has been “Personal Attention to Detail, One
Home at a Time.” We are personally on-site daily to create our clients’ vision and to
ensure that our high standards of quality are met for each project. Our design-build
experience, knowledge and certifications in sustainable building, plus our focus on
cost-effective value and quality and our policy of limiting the number of projects greatly
benefit our clients whether we are building small or large custom homes or remodels.
We have been family owned and operated since the company’s inception in 1975.
We also have remained committed to supporting our community through both our
company’s efforts and as individuals. Whether through numerous sponsorships of local
programs and non-profits, or construction donations of time and materials, we believe
in being active, positive members of the community. Though our efforts go beyond the
construction field, they include hundreds of hours donated to the Sustainable Building
Education Program, as well as the Sustainable Building Demonstration House, which
we donated (with support from other local businesses) to the Discovery Museum for
education in green building techniques.
Recent Awards and Recognitions
• 2011: First NAHB Green Program Emerald Level (highest) in SW Colorado
Custom home has passive and active solar and is also certified as ENERGY STAR.
• 2010: First Home in SW Colorado to earn NAHB Green Program Gold Level
Certification – ENERGY STAR certified
• 2010: Durango Chamber of Commerce Finalist – Green Business Leadership Award
• 2009-2011: Sustainable Building Education of SW Colorado – Creator and Sponsor
• 2008: Built Green Colorado – Custom Builder of the Year – For Colorado and